If you’ve been following me for a while, you’ve probably noticed that most of my patterns come in multiple sizes.
I just can’t help myself! 😄
I love giving you options because one size doesn’t always fit everyone’s needs.
The Sania Pouch, however, was supposed to be different.
Originally, I only planned to make two sizes.
The Small already fits standard cards, so making it any smaller didn’t really make sense. The Large was about as big as I wanted a keychain pouch to be. Any bigger, and we’d all just call it… a pouch. It would lose that tiny, “aww” charm.
But then I started thinking about what you might want from a mini pouch.
Maybe the Small is just a bit too small for what you usually carry. Maybe the Large gives you a little more room than you need.
There had to be a happy middle.
So…
I added a size in between.
The funny thing is, there’s only about ½–¾ inch between each size. That’s actually why I hesitated to add a third size. It didn’t seem like much.
But if you’ve ever used a mini pouch, you know that half an inch can make room for “just one more thing.” 😆
While we’re talking about little details… here’s one of my favorites.
You might notice the zipper isn’t sewn exactly on the edge. I moved it just slightly inward, and that tiny adjustment makes sewing the zipper ends much easier.
No folding the zipper ends.
No trying to hide them.
Just sew, trim, and you’re done.
Sometimes the best design choices aren’t the flashy ones. They’re the little details that quietly make sewing more enjoyable.
So… Why “Sania”?
Just like all my patterns, this one has a little story behind its name.
The snap pocket is the star of this design. It gives you quick access to the things you use most often, while the zippered compartment keeps everything else secure.
Because the snap is such an eye-catching feature, I wanted the name to include the letters S, N, and A.
That’s how Sania was born.
(Honestly, designing the pattern was easier than naming it. 🥹)
I hope the Sania Pouch becomes one of those patterns you reach for whenever you need a quick, satisfying project.
Maybe you’ll make one in your favorite fabric, then another as a gift… and before you know it, you’ll have one in every size.
I mean… that’s usually how it goes around here. 😉
If you’re ready to sew your own, you can find the Sania Pouch Pattern on my website or Etsy.
Happy crafting!
Trisa



No comments:
Post a Comment