Thursday, October 1, 2026

How I Finally Got the Side Panels to Sit Right

At first glance, the FREMY Pouch looks pretty simple.

It has a front pocket, a main zipper compartment, and two side panels that frame the pocket. Nothing too complicated, right?

Well… the side panels gave me a little trouble. 😅

My first version looked much too bulky on the sides. The shape worked, but it just didn’t have the clean, polished look I wanted.

So I tried again.

And again.

After a few adjustments, I finally got the side panels to sit the way I imagined them, structured, neat, and much less bulky.

That little detail is actually one of my favorite things about FREMY. It’s a simple-looking pouch, but the side panels give it a more finished shape.

If you’d like to give it a try, I also made a free printable pattern for the Medium size.

Psst... This is actually my first free printable pattern, and I’m quite excited about it. I’ve finally figured out how to add the seam allowance digitally! 😄

If you end up loving it and want other sizes, the full pattern covers five, from Mini to Extra-Large. 

You can find it on my website or on Etsy.

I hope you enjoy making it as much as I enjoyed figuring out those side panels. ♥
Which size would you make first?

No comments:

Post a Comment